Saturday, April 18, 2009

MORE WORK!!

Ok, so I kinda lied about doing things around the house. Only now, they're going to be of an external nature, for the most part. The last of the inside stuff, for now, was painting my office, which is now a medium gray. I also have recently purchased a new chair for my room, which is in the first picture. Wednesday, when I came home, Lauren was out in the front yard and told me to come see what she'd done. When I rounded the corner of the house, I saw that she'd hacked up the bushes in the front of the house. All that was left were the trunks and the roots. So, I came home a little early from work yesterday and took out the remaining parts of three bushes, and then took out the last bush Saturday and also took out one of the large shrubs on the side of the house. Meanwhile, Lauren laid some plastic retaining wall and then planted some flowers, with topsoil put around them.
And then, because it would have looked odd to have a coiled up white cord in the flowerbed, we got a pot to put Connor's tether in the front yard. It is a "faux-distressed glaze" black pot (Lauren's words).

Our next project is going to be putting the other flowerbed in (the bushes are gone from there too) and putting some stepping stones down so we can put our trash can on the side of the house instead of behind it.

No comments: